 Robotics / 24361
  startup questions RIS 2.0

Recently picked up RIS 2.0 with the USB tower. I'm new to Mindstrorms, so I looked around the web a bit to try to get an idea of what was going on with it. The first thing that struck me was that everywhere it said that Win2K was not supported. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: startup questions RIS 2.0

Okay - when I got my first serial based RCX tower, I had no issues with Win2k, but with the USB device, it is really a matter of the drivers. If you have got it working with the current drivers, then you will be fine. On the supplied disks, there (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: startup questions RIS 2.0

In lugnet.robotics, Gyl Midroni wrote: I'd hate to keep asking stupid questions. (...) There's no such thing as a stupid question. Andrew Meyer (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: startup questions RIS 2.0

(...) Many thanks! Friendly indeed. Looks like its NQC for me - very well documented, widely used, and clearly the recent versions claim support for the USB tower. Also BrickOS was too much like UNIX for me. I am more comfortable with Windows based (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)