 Robotics / 24311
Re: Sumo Contest - Sunday 10/9/05, Austin, TX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:46:57 GMT

Man - you guys are tough!!!

I was concerned that there was only a specific type of Lego motor you could use.
That was all...I didn't comment on weight limits or ability to design, etc.

I thought that extreme of a limitation was odd.  The fact is, I misread the
rules (as Steve pointed out).  As for the 2.5 pound weight limit and challenging
the builder's ability to deisgn within the spec, I completely agree with all
that was said in the last several posts.

Again, I was just a little dismayed at what I read as an extreme limitation and
wondered why the rulemakers would impose that limitation.

BTW - last time I checked, Steve was working on the nuclear sumo bot (or was
that a GBC module)...he just hadn't been able to talk Lego into providing a
radioactive block  :)  And, if Lego did provide the block, it would probably be
a little different shade of grey  :)