 Robotics / 24037
Re: Nemesis4Lego controller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:40:54 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Titus Gabriel Petrut wrote:

All in all, this is a fun project for me, and if there is a real demand, I will
consider building more units. I will make some Slaves for myself and keep you
all posted with the results.

Gabriel, please do keep working on this!  It's exactly the sort of thing I've
been looking for for years.  I get frustrated with the high cost and hard limits
of the RCX; it sounds like your units would be far superior in terms of entry
cost and flexibility.

I can imagine other slave units for things like an LCD display output, a keypad
input ("sensor"), and custom sensors like ultrasonic range finder, electronic
compass, etc.

Incidantally, I haven't managed to see your web site about it yet -- when I
tried, you had already exceeded your bandwidth quota!  That should give you some
idea of the interest among the ALE community in your project.  I have extra
space on my site, if you'd like, perhaps we can consider hosting your project
notes there.

Best,
- Joe