 Robotics / 23878
  sensor defined variable

well, i have the rcx 1.0 but the firmware is 2.0 or it should be :) i installed it some time ago why am i getting that then? r (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: sensor defined variable

Ensure you have the correct build target as well as the firmware setup when you compile. Orion -- (URL) - Build Robots (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: sensor defined variable

how do i install the 2.0 firmware from mac os x? (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: sensor defined variable

(...) How are you running NQC? If you are using MacNQC ((URL) under the 'RCX' menu there is "download firmware". A valid firmware file (firm0327.lgo) needs to be in the firmware folder. You also need to make sure the target is "RCX 2" (you can set (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: sensor defined variable

i'm doing it from the command line is it not a good idea? from the help file, it seems pretty straightforward: nqc -Susb -firmware xxxxxxxx.lgo (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: sensor defined variable

(...) The command line interface should work just fine, it's just not something I have installed on my machine, so I was trying to walk you through the way I do it in case you have the same interface. As to the error you get when downloading, I'm (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: sensor defined variable

i did it with MacNQC and it's working perfect now the weird thing is that just after firmware downloading, i tried to dload the PlayTone(SENSOR_1*10,5); program, and i still got the error. i tried it with macnqc and no problem at all. well, it (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: sensor defined variable

(...) As I mentioned earlier ((URL) you need to specify the -TRCX2 switch on the NQC command line: nqc -TRCX2 -Susb -d program.nqc GUIs such as MacNQC or BricxCC have configuration options which let you pick your target and then they pass that (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)