 Robotics / 23856
  Re: GPS Reality?

(...) signals. (...) radio (...) So the robot works out it's best guess from the three intersecting circles. Of course, the radio signal is not strictly neccessary. Beacon A broadcasts it's beep. Beacon B hears A, waits a fixed delay then (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GPS Reality?

A solution I suggested on the DPRG list was that if radio telemetry is being sent to and from the robot, then to have each robot with a clearly identifiable dot- rather like a police car - on the top. You could then have a camera covering the arena, (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GPS Reality?

I'm a lurker, so apologies for jumping into your conversation. I believe iRobot patented an interesting system last year called 'Polaris' or something similar which used the principle of navigating by the stars to position a robot platform in an (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re[2]: GPS Reality?

Apologies for my rather inconsistent memory, it was Evolution Robotics rather than iRobot. Still a good idea though in my opinion. (URL) ever ordered a dev. kit? Allen. Monday, April 11, 2005, 3:31:01 PM, you wrote: AF> I'm a lurker, so apologies (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GPS Reality?

(...) With a cheap digital camera (say 800x600 resolution) with a 2.5meter ceiling (around 8') looking straight down through a typical 60 degree field of view lens, you're limited to an area about 2m wide by 1.5m wide...less if you are working on a (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GPS Reality?

(...) This may be a use (finally) for the spybot controllers. at least for those of us who try to stay purists. I can see that when it is in beacon mode that the LED is flashing, but i'm not sure due to lack of equipment that the different (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)