 Robotics / 23753
Re: Robolab as a tool for teaching programming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:32:37 GMT

Hi John,

"John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> writes:

http://www.haciendarobotics.com/lessons/programming/wallbumper/index.html

This page shows how to create a subVI that contains a jump and land icon.

I find these extremely misleading, in a flowchart you should rather
use the lines to express control flow.

According to the unofficial FLL FAQ you cannot reuse that
subVI in your program or bad things will happen.

It looks like you will have the same label (land icon color) twice
in this case, as subVI a is just a macro.
However, a decent programming language should cope with that
by renaming the jumps automatically (I don't think NQC has this problem?).

Jürgen

--
NO to software patents -- stop the European patents directive

Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/
gnupg key fingerprint = 2767 CA3C 5680 58BA 9A91  23D9 BED6 9A7A AF9E 68B4