 Robotics / 23754
Re: Robolab as a tool for teaching programming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:09:59 GMT

Can someone create a lugnet robotics language advocation group or
something? I understand some of you want to debate this, but many are
bored of hearing it.

I am a programmer with a lot of skill and experience, in fact outside of
my robotics, it is my full time day job. My opinion is although some
languages may be capable of somethings that others arent, it is normally
more a question of a programmers skill and adaptability than the language
and system. While I dont like not being able to use a language of my
choosing, rules are rules, and I show myself as a better robot builder by
adapting to what I need to.

While I mostly use NQC (as I am primarily a C/C++ programmer), my students
use RIS, and I am seriously considering getting RoboLAB for them. The only
reason we arent using it yet is the cost.

Arguing formats is not really for Lugnet, but for slashdot.
Orion
--
http://orionrobots.co.uk - Learn to build robots