 Robotics / 23742
Re: Robolab as a tool for teaching programming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:42:09 GMT

Hi Steve,

"Steve Dakin" <lugnet@qmate.com> writes:

Here's an example of how to do nested loops:

<<http://haciendarobotics.com/nestedloops.jpg>>

all the programs you have are well-structured, not spaghetti-code
as one would expect for flowcharts at least some of the time.
I.e. loops and conditions are properly nested, there are no jumps
to some completely different place.

Is this structure enforced by Robolab?

I've shown the inner loop on a slightly lower horizontal
line. This took me about a minute to write and the kids on
my team could also write this in less than five
minutes. The same could not be said for the lines of code
in your NQC version.

Maybe a good introduction to programming would be to start graphical
and when they have mastered the ideas behind it translate it to text,
in all your examples the translation would be straightforward
and one-to-one.

Jürgen

--
NO to software patents -- stop the European patents directive

Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/
gnupg key fingerprint = 2767 CA3C 5680 58BA 9A91  23D9 BED6 9A7A AF9E 68B4