 Robotics / 23737
23736  |  23738
Subject:
Problems comunicating with RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:47:08 GMT

Hi all
when i run my program i receive this error:
java.io.IOException: No response. Packet: RCXResult[return()]
at rcxport.RCXResult.<init>(RCXResult.java:49)
at rcxport.RCXPort.sendData(RCXPort.java:116)
at rcxport.RCXPort.sendData(RCXPort.java:132)
at rcxport.RCXPort.ping(RCXPort.java:163)
at rcxport.RCXPort.playSound(RCXPort.java:180)
at cyclop.MyRCX.beep(MyRCX.java:34)
at cyclop.MyRCX.main(MyRCX.java:23)
Exception in thread "main"

and this error is given from the program copied from the book is name is
MyRCX.java

in an other case when i run another program form the book RCXApplet.java
with RCXControl.java
that is an example of an applet from which i can control my lego-robot i
have this error:
Error: error reading message from tower

what could it be? i'm running it under Windows Xp have followed litterally
every instruction for installing CommApi, rcxport.jar and rcx.jar.
Need help thanks guys