 Robotics / 23716
  Re: FLL not allowing NQC; Mindscript is allowed

(...) The length of time a top will spin depends (in part) on its diameter. As a result the analogy to a pleasant conversation (during which, to my ears, there has been no ranting or raving) about FLL allowing NQC or not breaks down. John Hansen (19 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FLL not allowing NQC; Mindscript is allowed

(...) I wasn't stating that there was ranting and raving in this thread--I mentioned that hte kid ranted and raved when his top was disqualified. the greater point was that when there are competitoins, there are rules to the competitions. These (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FLL not allowing NQC; Mindscript is allowed

(...) Just for the record, I agree completely with what you said... but to that end, should a team be disqualified because they designed it in MLCAD? Or should they be disqualified if one of the team members wrote a computer program that could (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FLL not allowing NQC; Mindscript is allowed

In lugnet.robotics, Mark Tarrabain wrote: <snip> (...) glueing the bricks, melting the bricks... what else... Oh right--taking that bungee string from the power puller and weaving it in and out of the 'bot as a reinforcing technique to keep it (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics)