 Robotics / 23699
RE: Highschool FLL competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:13:47 GMT

What happened with this?  I find it sad that FIRST and LEGO decided not to
support the highschool program...  I'm looking at alternatives, hoping for
something within the next two years for those of my students who are aging
out...

Liz

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf Of
Dean Hystad
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:48 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Highschool FLL competition

A tiny bit off topic, but of interest to people in this thread.

I mentioned in a previous post that we've been running a highschool FLL
pilot
program the last couple of years.  Well FIRST and LEGO have decided not to
support the highschool program.  On Friday I will be attending a meeting
where
we will descide if High Tech Kids.org (the organization that runs FLL in
Minnesota, and other locals around the world) will continue to offer a
program
on our own.  And if we offer a program, how will it will be run.  What will
be
the nature of the competition, what kind of schedule, in school or after
school
program, etc...  We might event get wild and allow things like custom
sensors,
wide open language choices and other seeds of anarchy.

I have opinions of my own, but am willing to act as a conduit for your ideas
as
well.

Dean Hystad