 Robotics / 23616
Re: FLL not allowing NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 00:29:59 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, John Barnes wrote:
I understand where you're coming from, I assure you. I have an interesting
question however.

If a utility was created which converted NQC output byte codes to LASM or Lego
RIS "code", which was then loaded as "the controlling" software without the
source or creation program being disclosed, how could it be scruntineered?

Done.  http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/swan_test.zip

The NQC executable contained in this zip can now optionally produce
LASM-compliant output in its listing file (with the -c switch).  I've tested it
fairly carefully but it *may* still have a few bugs.

So now it is perfectly legal to use BricxCC and NQC in preparation for the FLL
competitions.  All you need to do is take the extra step before the tournament
of copying the LASM listing to a file, load it in ScriptEd (an FLL authorized
tool), and download it to your robot.  Be very careful to not get caught using
any horrible non-LEGO tools while anyone is watching. :-)

John Hansen
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/