 Robotics / 23570
Re: FLL not allowing NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 01:36:09 GMT

I do not believe it would be in Lego's best interest to allow tools like
NQC into the competition, for the reasons I stated previously in this
thread.

Hi Mark.

I understand where you're coming from, I assure you. I have an interesting
question however.

If a utility was created which converted NQC output byte codes to LASM or Lego
RIS "code", which was then loaded as "the controlling" software without the
source or creation program being disclosed, how could it be scruntineered?

I guess that was the point Steve was making.

Plus;

Supposing a young FLL entrant was enthused enough to write his own "text to byte
code" conversion program as part of the effort to enter the competition? Would
that be disallowed? (Some compiler writers start at a young age - I know this
from personal experience; I am one of the few people I know who still invents
languages and writes compilers for them just for fun!)

JB