 Robotics / 23433
    Re: Modular RC kits? —Steve Baker
   Joe Strout wrote: > I knew that, and thank you, but it's not what I'm asking for. I don't have an > RCX, nor would I want to use one for this. I need *radio* control, not remote > (infrared) control, and I don't want to involve a computer. I (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Modular RC kits? —Rob Hendrix
     (...) Um, I thought you had to have the firmware installed in the RCX before you could use the remote... The Scout, on the other hand, responds to the remote right out of the box. Rob www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 30-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Modular RC kits? —Steve Baker
     Rob Hendrix wrote: > Um, I thought you had to have the firmware installed in the RCX before you > could use the remote... The Scout, on the other hand, responds to the > remote right out of the box. Actually, you might be right about that...I really (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Modular RC kits? —Joseph J. Strout
   (...) I know you don't need to program it, but the RCX *is* a computer, and it seems ridiculous to use it to achieve remote control. I can buy a 2-channel R/C car for $25, which probably weighs less all together than the RCX and certainly costs 1/4 (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)