 Robotics / 23238
    Uses for tacho wheel? —Brian Davis
   Attempt #2 at this post... I recently aquired (via the "grab bags" at LEGO stores - wonderful idea, second only to PaB for me) two of the "tacho wheels": (URL) played with them only a little, but how do you *use* these things? I'd download the (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Uses for tacho wheel? —Rob Doucette
     (...) They were used to interupt the light beam/sensor on the Code Pilot allowing the Code Pilot to sense shaft rotation. -Rob. (19 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Uses for tacho wheel? —Mark Bellis
   (...) Whilst white tacho wheels were used by the barcode truck for speed sensing (on the truck for variable engine rev sounds), the Star Wars UCS X-Wing used grey ones on the cannons(?) on the wings. Tacho wheels have 8 slots that will hold flex (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)