 Robotics / 23210
Re: Johnny five robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:31:02 GMT

"danny" <daniele_benedettelli@yahoo.it> wrote in message
news:I9BJEJ.11E1@lugnet.com...
Hi.
I've just finished a Johnny Five model with Lego Mindstorms.

Check it out!

<http://unitutor.unisi.it/~danny/Johnny5.htm>

Danny

Realy nice rendition of the Johnny Five robot!
I just love the films, and have waiting for someone to make it in LEGO.
Looks like you are the first to make it "alive" :)

That multiplexer was a good idea! I'm even going to build one or two myself.
I have all the parts that I need for this, but have never thought of it
beeing that easy. Thanx for the idea! (Hope you dont have any copyright on
it, I'm only going to make it for for myself).
You have some springs to help for raising the body, but can the robot stand
on its "toes" like the Johnny Five in the film did? In the film it looks
like it both make the tracks in an angle and stretch the arm that holds the
small pivot wheels in the back.

Just love to see those videos. (have to wait for the folder beeing
moderated.)

I have also followed another construction of the Johnny Five robot:
Its a larger bot but does not seems to have som many functioning parts.

I would maybe trying to make this bot myself, but I think I would make it a
bit larger and be controlled by two RCX. I want some more movement in the
head, moving eyebrows and flashing lights in the eyes. I have a lots of
ideas.... but they may never be put into robot. I have never built a "robot"
before, only vehicles.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix