 Robotics / 23119
    Re: input used as output —Philippe Hurbain
   (...) No, that's an internal limitation of RCX inputs: when configured for active sensors, they provide a 14mA current limited supply. This low current is enough to light a LED or slowly turn a motor, but don't expect to get any significant (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: input used as output —dan miller
   well I've decided to go with 2 RCX's anyway. Later I may switch to a non-lego controller ala handyboard, brainstem, etc. Anyway, for the record, the current is also pulsed in order to get the reading from the photoreceptor. I still suspect I could (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.robotics)