 Robotics / 2308
  Re: expansion ports

(...) I thought a patent meant it was illegal to copy the design and manufacture it for sale. I don't see why you couldn't resell a genuine LEGO connector. Rob +---...---+ | Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com | | (URL) | | (URL) | +---...---+ (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: expansion ports

(...) I think TLG would take a dim view of people purchasing LEGO parts, possibly modifying them, using the parts in their own commercial product, and then selling the product. And if you simply build your product so that the buyer can connect with (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: expansion ports

(...) If they only had a patent on the connector itself that would be true, but I think they have a patent on the connector in use with a "construction set". See the claims of: (URL) connector also has the LEGO name on the top of the pins, (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)