 Robotics / 2301
    legOS
   OK. So I'd like to try the legOS, but aside from the daunting task of downloading 15+ megabytes, I am unfamiliar with the compression types - TGZ (????). Any help here for getting and running this on my WIN95 machine??? chris -- Did you check the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: legOS —Russell Nelson
     MwalimuB@aol.com writes: > OK. So I'd like to try the legOS, but aside from the daunting task of > downloading 15+ megabytes, I am unfamiliar with the compression types - TGZ > (????). Any help here for getting and running this on my WIN95 (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: legOS (installation) —James Taylor
     Actually there are many utilities under Windoze 9x which will handle this, WinZip is one. The cygnus cdk (WHICH YOU NEED TO INSTALL ANYWAY TO USE LEGOS AND THE CROSS COMPILER PACKAGE UNDER WINDOWS) also includes gtar and gzip, which will uncompress (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: legOS —John Bauman
      lego-robotics@crynwr.com wrote in message <8271232d.36916483@aol.com>... (...) Winzip handles the .tgz extension perfectly. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: legOS —John A. Tamplin
   (...) That is a concatenation of .tar.gz, which means a directory is first tarred (using tar(1)) and then gzipped (using gzip(1)). The latest WinZIP knows how to unpack these files. John A. Tamplin Traveller Information Services jat@Traveller.COM (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)