 Robotics / 22993
Re: RCX Replacement Firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:18:18 GMT

Uhmm... I get the impression that you're not intending to open the
source code to your replacement firmware, but I'm not sure if that's a
particularly good idea for something like this.  I suspect that the
"hacker" mentality that drove the creation of alternative programming
envionments in the first place would almost certainly lead to your
efforts being reverse engineered once you released it.

I'm not saying don't release, of course, but my own personal feelings
are that I suspect your chances of profiting directly from this code may
be dubious.  You may achieve more, in the long run, if you publish your
project as open source.

Of course, this is just IMHO... I wish you the best of luck.