 Robotics / 22978
Re: OT Re: Don't forget to VOTE !!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 21:31:04 GMT

From a longtime lurker on this list:

It's been established that:
a) democracy encourages voters to vote
b) evidently an open mailing list is no place for democracy
- - although people have been allowed to express disdain for being reminded to
vote
c) Americans are very self-centered

Fine

Can someone PLEASE start a good topic that has to do with
1) Legos
2) Mindstorms
3) robotics

PLEASE?

Here's my attempt:
I saw from the First Lego League web site that one of the challenges was to
create solutions for people that could assist people at home, or around town.
<Mildly scarcastically> - How could Legos be utilized to assist with training
people on the voting process?
(I've heard some concern from the news agencies about the time it's taken for
people to vote, and the
derision that new voters have been met with if they asked questions on how to
vote)
<More seriously> - Which real-life situations are the most promising for
assistance for people through the use of robotics or automated devices and how
can Legos be utilized to demonstrate?
- - -I'm trying to suggest something that could benefit all, not just
English-speaking people, or poor,
or the technology-minded or -fearful.

So, back to the topic?

Dave

-------------- Original message from Pete Hardie <pete.hardie@sciatl.com>:

Martin Legault wrote: • <<snip>>
Just wait til global warming melts the NW Territories, and then we'll see!
<</snip>>