 Robotics / 22746
  Re: Future Mindstorm Releases?

Rumors say, danger exists, LEGO could take the robotic products, like the RIS, out of their production line. Indicated by no successor to RIS 2.0 is in sight. But i think the Mindstorm System is perfect, why do you need a successor? To give more (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Future Mindstorm Releases?

(...) LEGO (and Jake) have been very clear. The Mindstorms line is not going away. (...) LEGO, like the educational market, moves very slow. There is too much $ in the edcuational market to just drop the line. (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Future Mindstorm Releases?

(...) My take on what I have seen and heard is; Mindstorms is not dead, as Jake confirmed at BrickFest. I suspect that the legacy of RIS compatibilty will force RIS 3.0, if that is what its to be called, to be an enhancement of RIS 1.0/1.5/2.0. I (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Future Mindstorm Releases?

(...) The one thing that makes me wonder about this is their consistent release of new products that AREN'T RCX bricks. Scouts, Spybots, that silly 'record&playback' brick, etc. The amount of R&D (especially the $$$) that went into these SHOULD have (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics)