 Robotics / 22746
Re: Future Mindstorm Releases?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:10:55 GMT

Rumors say, danger exists, LEGO could take the robotic products, like the RIS,
out of their production line. Indicated by no successor to RIS 2.0 is in sight.
But i think the Mindstorm System is perfect, why do you need a successor? To
give more power to the RCX, maybe not in the interest of LEGO.

They serve an education market. Education markets have relatively slow rates of
selling items. But they are throughout constant, because new folks are growing
at a relativly constant rate.

Giving more power to the RCX, such that it can expand I/O and excecution speed,
is a business gap, specialized companies should conquer. I dont think, LEGO will
do it, thus presenting a successor, as otherwise RIS would be to complicated for
kids. More than three inputs and three outputs are to much for them.

This is my opinion, i want to express to this long wearing discussion.

Greetings
Ralph