 Robotics / 22714
Re: Steering Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 03:10:14 GMT

--- Jon Gilchrist <robots@DEELEETEf3p.com> wrote:
So my problem is, how do I tell which way I need to
turn the motor to
get the wheels back to straight?

If the sensor is touched, I know that it is going
straight, but if the
sensor is not touched I can't figure out any good
way to tell which
side of the switch the cam is on.  At least, not
without using another
sensor port, which I don't have available.  I can't
double up on the
light sensor, because I can't have the sensor value
go to 100 just
because I'm going straight.

Well, you can use a second touch sensor and a raised
portion on half the steering rack so that it is always
depressed when not in the center or the other half.
This second sensor can be multiplexed with a passive
sensor such as you would find at

http://www.mindsensors.com/passive_mux.htm

Hope that helps

Cheers