 Robotics / 22680
Re: interfacing PCs with LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:45:12 GMT

My Question: Can anyone point me to resources about interfacing an • ordinary PC
with the LEGO inputs and outputs?  Instead of an RCX, I'd like to get the • guts
of a cheap PC, stick it in a largish LEGO robot, and have that control
everything (and program this board by plugging in an ethernet cable and • simply
SSHing to it).  Is this doable, without going through the RCX?  What sort • of
interface hardware would I need?

Thanks,
- Joe

You can do the same thing, but much less bulky by using a PIC. The 16F877
for example will cost about 8 dollar, and has 33 I/O pins. Each pin can
either be an input, or two of them can control a motor (using a TC4427A).
More info on my website www.vandam.tk in the Micro Controller section.

Have fun,
Bert