 Robotics / 22577
Re: RCX firmware vs hardware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:15:44 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Pete Hardie <pete.hardie@sciatl.com> wrote:
All,

I've got an RCX 1.0, and my son has a 1.5.  Is there anything that would cause
problems if I loaded 1.5 firmware into a 1.0 RCX?

While on the topic, what about 2.0 firmware in a 1.0 RCX?

No, that won't cause any problems.

The software versions are all interchangable between the RCXs, so you can use
1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 software/firmware on 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 RCXs.

I have both 1.0 and 2.0 RCXs, and I use the same firmware on both.

Steve