 Robotics / 22549
  Re: is it possible to make a motor with a limited range of travel?

Jonathan, What about putting stops on the rack to limit the travel and use a clutch gear to keep the motor from being damaged? Or what about putting a peg at each end of the rack that stick out and hit a touch sensor when the gear rack is close to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: is it possible to make a motor with a limited range of travel?

(...) Thats kinda usefull except that I dont have enough clutch gears, touch sensors or sensor inputs on my RCX :( (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: is it possible to make a motor with a limited range of travel?

(...) clutch (...) at (...) You should only need one touch sensor per rack. If you only have one motor per rack, then you should be able to use one sensor per motor (unless you have other stuff you need the sensor ports for, of course). M RRR...RRR (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: is it possible to make a motor with a limited range of travel?

(...) Or you may use poor man's clutch gear: pulleys and slipping rubber belt. Or if your application does not need too much mechanical power, you can simply use a low power level on RCX output. With a power level 2 both the RCX and the motor can (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: is it possible to make a motor with a limited range of travel?

(...) There are some methods involving non-lego peices in the mix. One such method, is to build a touch sensor using a microswitch from a mouse. Wire this in the normally closed way - so when it is activated, it will open. So the motor will go the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics)

"Brass Tilde" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:00a301c4552c$24...hps.net... <snip> (...) I built something very much like this. I used a rack with a few 1x1 TECHNIC beams in it. The touch sensor pressed against the side of the rack (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: is it possible to make a motor with a limited range of travel?

(...) bricks along the beam, like I did on my tower crane (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: is it possible to make a motor with a limited range of travel?

(...) It will help us help you if you list the resources you have and how many of these you need to make. If your resources are limited, you may have to use a few different solutions to match your inventory. Kevin (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: is it possible to make a motor with a limited range of travel?

(...) Instructions for building a diode-based limit switch can be found at (URL) also has a limit switch adapter, that lets you use standard Lego switch sensors to stop a motor without using any sensor ports. (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics)