 Robotics / 22548
22547  |  22549
Subject:
is it possible to make a motor with a limited range of travel?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 01:33:54 GMT

Basicly, I want a setup where a motor has a gear wheel connected to a long
gear rack. Then I want to have things so that holding down the motor
buttons (up and down) will move the rack but wont allow it to move off the
end of the rack.

Anyone got any tips for how to do this?
In terms of electrical bits, I have a RIS 2.0, a Ultimate Accessory Set
plus some assorted bits like an old style square motor and both large and
small 9v battery boxes.

The model I have in mind will need at least 2 (but ideally 3) of these
limited travel setups.

Anyone got any ideas?