 Robotics / 22534
    Motor-powered transmission —Tiago Bittencourt Silva
   Hi everyone, I´m trying to build a LEGO Mindstorms car with a motor-powered transmission. I only want two or three gears, nothing too much complex for the start. I builded the transmission from the chapter 14 of the book "Building Robots with LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 31-May-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Motor-powered transmission —Joseph Woolley
     Tiago, For the steering, I am thinking that you should use a Touch sensor to detect when the steering is center. Attach something to the rack that will depress the touch sensor when the rack is centered. If you need to detect the turn rate (how far (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Motor-powered transmission —Ronald Vallenduuk
   (...) Try here: (URL) automatic gearbox is brilliant! Duq (20 years ago, 3-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Motor-powered transmission —Ross Crawford
   (...) I just built that, but using the instructions, the 20t bevel gear used for 1st gear scrapes one of the 1x8 plates. Moving the plates up to the top solves the problem (I also used 2x8s to help keep it square). HTH ROSCO (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)