 Robotics / 22534
22533  |  22535
Subject:
Motor-powered transmission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2004 21:06:54 GMT

Hi everyone,

I´m trying to build a LEGO Mindstorms car with a motor-powered transmission. I
only want two or three gears, nothing too much complex for the start.

I builded the transmission from the chapter 14 of the book "Building Robots with
LEGO Mindstorms" (Mario and Giulio Ferrari), but it isn´t working very well...
The 8-tooth gear is always sliping and I need to add a sensor to detect how far
the motor can go. Does anyone have a better idea for a simple transmission like
that? Or can help me improve my design?

By the way, in this car I also want to use a rack-and-pinion steering system.
I´m using one from a set I have (use some specialized parts, but is very
simple). I´m having also the problem of putting a sensor to detect the center
(neutral steering).

Thanks

Tiago B. Silva