 Robotics / 22517
Re: RCX and Micro Scout Communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 18:23:10 GMT

Here are a couple answers for you...

In lugnet.robotics, Mark Bellis wrote:
I have an RCX 1.0, which I program in Visual Basic, and a couple of Micro Scouts
from the DDK and DSDK.

Can the Micro Scouts understand RCX IR messages and if so what do they do in
response?

Is the "P" mode of the Micro Scouts the way to program them from the RCX?

Can the Micro Scouts understand signals from the RCX IR tower?

I THINK you can program a Micro Scout using the USB tower.  The 1.5 & 2.0 sets
come with a fiber-optic cable that you can use.

What are the basic instructions for setting up programming the Micro Scouts - I
don't want to get buried in the detail of languages etc...

Is there a list of VLL codes and what they do in each programmable unit?

Here's a page with more info about VLL

http://www.elecbrick.com/lego/

I have the RCX SDK - do Micro Scouts understand the same instructions and how
can I put such a program in a Micro Scout?

Hope that helps
Steve