 Robotics / 22469
    Re: CD auto feeder project —David Glynn
   Steve, thanks for the pointer, I'll be spending some time going over Rob's window walker figuring out how he did things. (...) I'd be suprised if they were! Though I did find the perfect suction cup on-line: (URL) get more perfect then that. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: CD auto feeder project —Steve Baker
   (...) >> suction and pushing the cylinder down again releases it. (...) Yes - the yellow ones on the left. The 'normal' use for those things is to pump air in the bottom tube to make the cylinder extend - or pump air in the top to make it contract. (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: CD auto feeder project —Andy Gombos
     (...) Don't those hard plastic tubes fit over the cylinder connectors? I know they can bind the flexible hoses, so a small "boot" to bridge the gap wouldn't be able to suck together very much. That would reduce the problem of length, at least. Andy (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: CD auto feeder project —Brian Davis
   (...) Note you can also use the same effect to make an all-Lego suction pump (without the checkball valve). The trick is to cycle a piston and a standard valve together. Hook the central port on the valve to the airtank (or whatever else you want to (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.robotics)