 Robotics / 22418
22417  |  22419
Subject:
#3806 Gigamesh: some very basic questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:38:52 GMT

Hey all,

First off, my apologies for posting  this here, but the spybotics ng is
quieter than a bar on Sunday morning!

Found this for $45 at my local toy consignment shop and put it together.
The main criticism I have is that they should've programmed a page on basic
movement of the bot that would come up immediately
after the diagnostic test.  Maybe I haven't dug through the CD-ROM enough,
but it seems to me that this should've been the very first thing covered
after you've built the model.  I guess they just assumed that people would
know what to do, and sometimes that kind of assumption just really annoys
me.  IMHO, they should have put together a nice, simple manual instead of
that unwieldy fold-out poster.  It's too busy graphically and the important
basic info is scattered all over the place.  Plus, it also doesn't tell you
that the comm channel buttons are the ones used to steer the bot.  Seems to
me whoever put this package together needs a course or two in the bleedin'
obvious!  Or am I being too harsh?

After some simple trial and error I figured out how to steer the little
bugger, but how do I activate the LED
"laser"?  I thought it might be the red button, but no dice.  What do I
have to do?  Download a program?  I just want to tool it around my
apartment a bit and freak out my cat before I sell the body and remote to a
friend!

Dave