 Robotics / 22403
Re: Next Generation RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:28:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Adam Campbell wrote:
I'd like to initiate some discussion about the future of the RCX (yet again:).
Are there any LUGNET members with a little bit of insiders knowledge about the
current efforts (or lack there of) at Lego R&D on a new RCX (RIS 3.0 perhaps).
It seems that Lego keeps a tight lid on there R&D efforts, as there hasn't been
even a peep about the possibility of a new RIS in 2004/2005? Does anyone know
what Lego is doing and why they are so quiet about it?

I agree that a minimum R&D solution is a good idea at least for an interim
product.

The R&D for a whole new brick (or even to improve the number of inputs and
outputs) would be higher than the R&D for what I would like to propose:

Fix the problem with 1.0, whatever it was, that caused the loss of the 9V power
in point, and bring it back. This may be one of the most popular features for
people who build static things of all sorts. DCC for example... it is almost a
must have.

J's suggestions on what parts to put into packs around it make sense to me.