 Robotics / 2233
Re: fetchbot....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 05:51:20 GMT

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Kevin Herrboldt wrote:

I've got it about 75% complete. The new pictures really helped with the
grabber arm assembly. What's got me stuck is the big gear side. No clear
shots of the that side. Ideally A top shot without the RCX would be all
that's necessary, I think.

A top shot without the RCX would show the three motors, all at the same
height and all axes in parallel with the main axle.

I found a photo that I didn't use on the pages, but that might help.  (I'd
take more, but I took the model apart already.)

http://www.pobox.com/~benw/lego/fetchbot/big-gear.jpg

There's not much to see, except the idler 8t gear between the driving 8t
and the big gear.  The idler is on a grey axle/split peg thingie. Hope
this helps.

I also found you can't build with just an RIS.

True, there are some bits from other sets.

The bottom also looks like it has a long flat black piece, which
doesn't exist? I substituted two flat green pieces.

The 16x2 plate is a helicopter blade from the 8277 giant model set.

Wow, I wasn't expecting people to build this thing.  :)  If only
LDraw/LEdit source was available and ported to Linux, I could make this
much easier for you guys.

Play well,

- Ben.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/