 Robotics / 2231
Re: fetchbot....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 04:17:12 GMT

Michael Chu wrote:

has anybody successfully built  a same fetchbot like Ben Williamson?

I've got it about 75% complete. The new pictures really helped with the
grabber arm assembly. What's got me stuck is the big gear side. No clear
shots of the that side. Ideally A top shot without the RCX would be all
that's necessary, I think.

I also found you can't build with just an RIS. I needed to supplement
two tread wheels and two smaller gears (used for the drive wheels and
grabber arm) from my Extreme Creatures set. The bottom also looks like
it has a long flat black piece, which doesn't exist? I substituted two
flat green pieces.

I'm going to keep at it, I admire the engineering.