 Robotics / 22329
    Re: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I'm not sure I agree that it's a reasonable compromise. This spam doesn't come into LUGNET any other way that I'm aware of. (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Mike Thorn
     (...) It's too bad that stuff like this can't be caught and autoreplied before LUGNET posts it. Invariably replying with a link to (URL) Snopes> takes care of the would-be scammer first try and I never hear from them again. -Mike (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

        RE: SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE —Andy Gombos
   (...) Ironically, there has been much more traffic about the spam than the spam itself. It is really the only viable solution. If you put a spam filter on the list, people will have their messages eaten. If you break the connection between Lugnet (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics)