 Robotics / 21832
  Avoiding objects

Hello All, I'm new to the world of Mindstorms and to this list, and I have a question. Upgrading the Roverbot, which backs up when the bumpers feel something, is there a way of avoiding walls and objects on the floor. What is the best way to do (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Avoiding objects

(...) Roger, I'm happy to tell you my favorite sensor company ( (URL) just started production again) makes something that will work very well for you. (URL) I think their Ultra-sonic sensor is my favorite. I seem to use it more often than any other (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Avoiding objects

(...) I haven't dabbled with Mindstorms for a while, but I had pretty good luck using the IR on the RCX in combination with a light sensor. Basically, have the RCX continously send out an IR message. The light sensor can detect the IR light when it (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Avoiding objects

(...) Dear Roger, In addition to the stuff they sell at www.hitechnic.com there are the following vendors of alternative sensors: www.techno-stuff.com www.mindsensors.com (Of course there are also the sensors from DCP which they sell at (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics)