 Robotics / 21832
21831  |  21833
Subject:
Avoiding objects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:24:24 GMT

Hello All,

I'm new to the world of Mindstorms and to this list, and I have a
question.

Upgrading the Roverbot, which backs up when the bumpers feel something,
is there a way of avoiding walls and objects on the floor.  What is the
best way to do this?  How good is IR? Are there any other sensors out
there (made by Lego or others) that would allow the robot to detect an
obstacle before it actually hits it?

Thanks for your help!

Roger

                          unladen european swallow