 Robotics / 21748
21747  |  21749
Subject:
Search algorithms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:28:50 GMT

Has anyone tried A* or D* on an RCX

Lester Witter

Message has 2 Replies:
  Re: Search algorithms

(...) A* works just fine under legOS. I haven't tried it in NQC, where I'd expect to have some minor issues with the list management. - Alex (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics)
  Re: Search algorithms

The main problem is of course memory. Under standard firmware, with 32 variables, you're not going to be able to do an A* on much of a grid - 7x7 is about the max, and even then you'd have to fiddle around and store two cells values in a single (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics)