 Robotics / 21620
21619  |  21621
Subject:
do-it-yourself NiMh AA cell
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:04:46 GMT

Anyone here interested in manufacturing your own NiMh AA cell?  Over lunch I
reviewed a web trail starting from my own home page:

http://members.aol.com/ppaatt/
http://www.madengineer.com/
http://www.madengineer.com/tricks/nimh.htm
http://www.allelectronics.com
cat# NMH-110

I think those www.madengineer.com/tricks/nimh.htm instructions say you can try
for below US$2 per battery.  I didn't immediately see where to get contact
buttons.  I have no clear idea of how dangerous trying to make batteries is or
is not.

All the same, I liked the idea of trying to roll my own batteries, and I thought
some of the folk here might agree.

Pat LaVarre

P.S. Seemingly not relevant searches include:

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?q=allelectronics