 Robotics / 21454
  Have you guys seen Meccano's "RCX" ?

Oh man, wish Lego's next RCX was as featured as this... :) (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  RE: Have you guys seen Meccano's "RCX" ?

(...) And at $395 US for just the brick I'm sure we'll all line up to buy one :-) NOT! Seriously, we all know there's a need for something bigger (not necesarily better) We've had discussions ranging from one "superboard" to smaller collections of (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Have you guys seen Meccano's "RCX" ?

(...) [snip] (...) In fact, NMRA has a proposal on the table which specifies how DCC decoders can talk back to the command station. The decoder basicly sends a reply in between DCC packets (during which time track power is removed) using a current (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Have you guys seen Meccano's "RCX" ?

(...) Well, if it ever gets out of vapourware, this ((URL) might be promising. They say it will be in production this december, but after seeing the production date getting pushed back a number of times already, I've stopped holding my breath. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Have you guys seen Meccano's "RCX" ?

(...) a need for communications on a single pair of wires with up to 256 devices. Sound familiar? What we do is hold the line steady and the device applies load across the line so the loop controller can measure current pulses to decode information (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics)