 Robotics / 21437
Re: RIS2.0 and win 2000, tips and trick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:57:26 GMT

The file name that is executed is LaunchRIS2.exe.  By default it is located
under "C:\Program Files\LEGO MINDSTORMS\RIS 2.0\".  The file launches at
startup because of a key in
"\HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run".  The
REG_SZ key name is "RIS2PostReboot".

Since the problem is caused by a registry key and not the file itself, the
proper way to fix the problem is to remove the offending registry entry.  To
make the fixing process as simple and painless as possible for
non-tech-savvy people, I've created a reg file to remove the key (and one
that will put it back).

http://www.abs-robotics.com/tips/install/ris2/stop-ris2-launch.htm

- Rob

"chrismaker" <chrismaker@noos.fr> wrote in message
A problem with RIS 2.0 on win2000 is that RIS automatically start when • you
turn
computer on.

LEGO provides a patch to correct this error, it may work on winXP but • not
on
win2000.

So I find the easier way to correct this thing:

Just find and delete the "launchris.exe" file.

I think this file is useful only to register the RCX on LEGO.com
I' ve deleted it and my RIS works fine.

Chris.