 Robotics / 21436
21435  |  21437
Subject:
Translating RIS software -- help needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:20:25 GMT

Did anybody try to open any of the *.lif files located in HDDATA directory of
RIS 2.0 software?
-- I tried to translate RIS 2.0 to czech since there aren't many kids aged 9+
with such a good skills in english to have fun with RIS, but I succeed only
partially (translating strings like system messages and programming environment.
*.lif files seems to be a place, where GUI buttons and menus are hidden. It has
a structure similar to bmp picture, but I haven't found a software to
open/decode it yet. Can anybody help?

Thanks Robert

P.S. - I know it isn't really legal, but I tried to contact TLG via their
website asking for permission to do it (with no response) - I am writing this
just in case any TLG representative reads it so they don't sue me ;)  but they
can still help :p

P.S. ^2 - it isn't Homeworld lif file..
P.S. ^3 - it also isn't liff format used by Improvision systems - proven. But
though - it somehow seems to be apple related (pure guess) - any ideas?