 Robotics / 21312
Re: lego-robotics / question for the experienced...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:11:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Scott Davis wrote:
I'd have to agree with Tim.  I first started using the Lego software.
Through it I learned the basics of programming.  I then moved to NQC after I
started getting into situations where the Lego software was too restricting
for me.  There's a couple tutorials out there, I'm not sure where they are,
I think one can be found at Dave Baum's website.  Also when you do decide to
switch to NQC, Dave has written 2 books on using NQC that maybe helpful.
scott

You can also check out "Gordons Brick Programmer". Search for that exact text
string on Google and I think you get to the download site.

It gives you access to most of the RCX firmware functions without having to
learn a procedural language like NQC first. I think if you get the hang of what
the blocks do in GBP first, then embedding them as named functions in a C like
program later may make more sense.

JB