 Robotics / 21223
    Re: RIS 3.0
   (...) 3.0! 3.0!!! I just spent $200 buying 2.0, and you're telling me there's a 3.0??? Where's that receipt!?!! Seriously, though: I just bought, Tuesday, a RIS 2.0 set, my first RIS set. Is the 3.0 currently available? If not, when will it be (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS 3.0 —Steve Baker
   (...) No - there is no "3.0". There was talk of it some time ago - but I think we've seen the last of decent Lego robotics sets. I'd very much like to be proved wrong though. I was rather suprised to see that in the latest Pitsco Dacta catalog, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS 3.0 —Colin White
     (...) I don't know about RIS 3.0, but I disagree with you about the latest Pitco Dacta Catalog. I think the latest catalog is the best they have ever done. It places a lot of emphasis on Robotics. Remember there are two catalogs. The Pitsco Ideas (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: RIS 3.0 —Colin White
     In lugnet.robotics, Colin White wrote: I suspect there are more people using this latter (...) Just a follow-on to my previous post. It is not uncommon to see Lego components used with the Basic Stamp. Also, you can use Robolab with the Basic Stamp. (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS 3.0 —Mark Riley
   (...) Well, that has been said many times about Technic and this year we ended up getting sets like the backhoe, mars rover and rescue truck. The backhoe has an unprecedented number of pneumatic components, and these components have been redesigned (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)