 Robotics / 21215
    Re: RIS 3.0 —Rob Hendrix
    SNIP (...) They did make a clear touch sensor. Well, clear light blue. It came in the Cybermaster sets... (URL) - who just wants more inputs and outputs on his RCX 3.0. Oh, and a power jack, and rf (instead of ir), a wireless cam, and new sensors. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS 3.0 —Mark Riley
   (...) power (...) What baffles me is why Lego never made a rotation sensor based on a potentiometer. It would be low cost (since it is passive) and offer much better resolution than the current rotation sensor for applications requiring <270 degrees (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS 3.0 —Tim Auton
     (...) I think there was one for the DACTA sets. It's easy to make your own though. Tim (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS 3.0 —Paul Kleniewski
    "Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HK05nw.1Lnu@lugnet.com... (...) rot sensor based on potentiometer can wear out but active mouse ball - like sensor will never loos it's parameters that's why i think they made that br pixel (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics)