 Robotics / 2109
    Bonding Lego plastic? —D/
   Has anyone experimented to identify the best way of bonding the plastic material that Lego uses for their standard blocks? What glues are most effective for strength, appearance, and mechanical considerations? Is welding a possibility? Thanks, Dave (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Bonding Lego plastic? —Lee Lloyd
     (...) I have not actually glued LEGOs, but I would imagine, for a permanent solution, ABS cement would be your best bet. For a less drastic/permanent solution a dab of silicon caulking in the center of the joining surface will greatly increase (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Bonding Lego plastic? —Michael Gasperi
     I use Testors Plastic Cement. It is a clear liquid that comes in a little 1oz bottle. Seems to disolve the plastic for a few seconds. You put it on both pieces and quicky push them together. (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Bonding Lego plastic? —Ben Erwin
    Some model builders that work for LEGO use "Plastruct". I found it at Pearl Arts and Craft in Cambridge, MA ... don't know where else you can get it. It is pretty thin and clear and can be painted onto the edges to fuse the plastic together after (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Bonding Lego plastic? —Tony Firshman
   In article <F4z9Ax.HyK@lugnet.com>, Ben Erwin <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com> writes (...) In a tour of the LEGOLAND model building 'factory' in Windsor, they had piped glue from a central tank. I forget what it was - but it was thin opaque white stuff (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)