 Robotics / 20924
Re: EGAD! (pneumatics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:52:28 GMT

Kevin L. Clague wrote:

What happens to the solenoids that are not being addressed?  I've not messed
with solenoids since my youth (a long, long time ago :^), but I thought that
they had springs to make them go one way, and electromagnets to make them go the
other.  Remove the power from the electromagnet and the spring returns solenoid
to its original state....  Do your electronics need to remember state?

Yes, the switches would need to remember their last set state.  Ideally,
this would be done through the use of electric pneumatic switches which,
when not receiving any power, simply stay in the last position they were
set in.  If this isn't practical then yeah... electronics would need to
be hooked up to keep the switches in their last set state.