 Robotics / 20821
Re: OT: Button Batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 04:36:27 GMT

I have about a dozen LR44-equivalents and another dozen LEDs I scavenged from
McDonalds Happy Meal toys. Not a bad price at about $1.00 each per battery, not
counting the food!

A small piece of advice--the toys are seriously toddler-proofed. I use a vice to
crush them. Gives me a very gratifying, if ephemeral, anti-consumerism sort of
feeling.

Doug Wilcox wrote:
Do any of you folks know an inexpensive source for "button batteries" -
those used in everything from watches to (increasingly) toys. It seems silly
to spend $9 US on three batteries to replace the ones in my small R2-D2
action figure, when the toy only cost $4.50 US at Wal*Mart.

Pardon the off-topic-ness, but this tends to be a mailing list whose members
know *everything.*

Thanks.

--Doug Wilcox